Sean is a Venture Partner with Emergence Capital Partners. He joined Emergence Capital after being an executive and advisor at portfolio companies Hightail and Doximity, respectively. In addition to being a sales and alliances executive in the technology enabled services space for thirteen years, he is co-founder and co-President of the Harvard Business School Alumni Angels, the largest university-affiliated angel group in the world.
As VP of Worldwide Alliances at Hightail, a cloud collaboration solution with over 30 million users, the company ranked the 55th fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 with a 4-year revenue growth of 2291%. Prior to Hightail, he was VP of Channel Management at Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD), a human capital management software-as-a-service provider, which had an IPO in March 2011. Sean helped grow the company from $7 million to $75 million in revenue and 300,000 subscribers to over 7.5 million, the second most of any software-as-a-service company in the world. Before his tenure at Cornerstone OnDemand, Sean was VP Sales and Partner Development at WageWorks (WAGE), a leading provider of consumer-directed spending solutions, which had an IPO in May 2012 and grew from $3 million to $82 million in revenue during his tenure. Prior to WageWorks, Sean was at Elance, the world’s largest marketplace of contractors. He has also held finance positions at Major League Baseball and The Prudential Realty Group.
Sean has an MBA from Harvard Business School, where he's on the HBS Alumni Board, and a BBA in Marketing, Finance, and International Business from University of Wisconsin. He's competed in 2 marathons and 12 triathlons, including Escape from Alcatraz three times and the Kona half ironman.
- Hurdles in SaaS Business Development
- SaaS Business Development Whitepaper
- What's your biz dev scorecard?
- 3 Secrets For Mastering Freemium Sales
- Freemium Models Are Sexy & Overrated
- Time To Invest In Mobile Real Estate Tech
- Should You Start Your Next Co In SoCal?
- SoCal has vibrant SaaS ecosystem
- Evolution of HR Software
- Should you build on Force.com?
- Growing Seattle SaaS ecosystem
- Inside look at the VC pipeline
- Valuation for SaaS companies
- 10 Secrets from Leading Sales Execs
- Product-Market Fit in Business Cloud