Gordon Ritter / General Partner
Gordon Ritter is a Founder and General Partner of Emergence Capital Partners. Prior to founding Emergence, he spent over 15 years founding and building companies which pioneered new markets including embedded web-based interfaces, server appliances, “On Demand” services for the SMB market and web-native application development. In 2003, he led Emergence Capital’s first investment, which was in Salesforce.com. Gordon was named to the Forbes’ Midas List of the top venture capital investors in 2007, 2012 and 2014.
Gordon currently sits on the boards of five companies, including the leading cloud life sciences company, Veeva Systems. Gordon invested in Veeva in 2008 when the company had 30 people and $2 million in revenue. He has played a key role in the company’s development, and he is currently the chairman of the board.
Gordon has a B.A. in Economics from Princeton University, where he rowed on the heavyweight crew team. He lives in San Francisco with his wife and four children. He enjoys a range of endurance sports and recently climbed both Denali and Aconcagua.
Executive Assistant / Lacey Ward
In The News & Thoughts
- Gordon Ritter on The Midas List of The Best Venture Capitalists for 2014
- Industry Cloud Rising: Five Hallmarks of an Industry Cloud Company
- Are you in a cloud friendly industry?
- Gordon Ritter: Veeva Systems is the next Salesforce
- Gordon Ritter Interviewing George Hu, COO, Salesforce.com
- Gordon Ritter Makes List of 2012 Power Players in the Cloud
- B2B Investor Gordon Ritter Excited by VC Market’s Pivot
- Three Things Every Software Investor Should Know
- Gordon Ritter Included in 2012 Midas List
- Emergence Capital’s Gordon Ritter On The Venture Industry’s Swinging Pendulum
- Gordon Ritter’s Seven Summit Strategies for Reaching the Top
- Emergence Partner Gordon Ritter on 2007 Midas List
- With these 25 startups, VCs smiled all the way to the bank
We are leaders who invest in leaders. We know what success looks like.
“We invest with firm-wide conviction".
We believe focus and expertise matter in building enterprise cloud leaders.